If you use your car for business purposes, that is, more than the average person or have kids and pets, then it is obvious that keeping the insides of your car clean is a really tough task. Here are some of the best cleaning techniques and procedures to restore the luster to your car’s inside.
Clear away any noticeable garbage before bringing out the vacuum and cleaning tools. Examine everything thoroughly. There will very certainly be trash on the floor, under the seats, and in the crevices between the chairs. Throw away any wrappers, bottles, toys, or other anything that your vacuum cannot handle.
Floor Mats should be removed and cleaned
Remove the floor mats from the vehicle and shake them as much as you can. This will make vacuuming more convenient. Before reinstalling them, scrub them with soap and hot water or a foaming carpet cleaner and let them air dry fully.
Vacuum the inside seats and floors of your vehicle
Vacuum the front and rear seats, as well as the floor and, if required, the trunk. Vacuum everywhere you can reach the nozzle, including beneath the pedals then along the side door panels. You should always have these car accessories with you.
Remove Grime and Dust
After vacuuming the car, use a soft cloth or cleaning wipes to remove any remaining debris, sticky residue, or dust. To restore the new-car look, spray a tiny quantity of car-specific cleaner over the console, steering wheel, and space between the seats.
Clean Cup Holders
Cup holders may collect dirt, spilt coffee, and dead hair and skin cells (yuck). To reach those tough spots, try using a cotton swab soaked in a little cleaning solution. For easy cleaning, the entire cup holder is detachable in certain automobiles.
Interior Windows Should Be Cleaned
Wipe windows clean with a paper towel or microfiber cloth after spraying a window cleaning solution on them. For an excellent DIY window cleaner, use one cup water, two teaspoons vinegar, and one cup rubbing alcohol.
Get Rid of Pet Hair
If you own a dog, you are familiar with the agony of dealing with pet hair in the automobile. If the vacuum does not remove all of the fur, try removing it using a rubber-dipped glove. Brush the hair away with your palm, and it will adhere to the glove like magic.
How do you keep the interior of your automobile clean?
These are some of the tips that will help you maintain your car’s interior
- Keep the car interior cleaning products close at reach. Put a pair of microfiber towels in the center console or glove compartment of your automobile. You might also want to include a couple of hand sanitizer sachets (not the bottled kind). When you’re stopped in traffic, use the clothes to dust your console and dash. Because the sanitizer packets are alcohol-based, they are useful for clearing up food spills.
- Don’t think of it as a storage space. The more items you have in your vehicle, the simpler it is for messes to go overlooked. When you reach home, empty your car, including the trunk. Look under the seats if you have children to ensure they haven’t dropped anything that has rolled underneath.
- Make use of a vehicle garbage bin. Make it a practise to place items such as food wrappers immediately into a trash bag in your car. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy: an empty plastic grocery bag or an old cereal container would suffice.
- Make it simple to clean the cupholders. Car cup holders become filthy, and they’re not the simplest to clean. Put cupcake liners in them to make cleaning up spills easier. If you use paper liners, you may replace them with silicone ones that can be washed.
- Make use of the proper floor mat. The carpeted floor mats that came with your automobile aren’t particularly effective at safeguarding the floor of your vehicle. Replace such floor mats with rubber ones if your family likes outdoor activities. These would keep the floor of your car from stains and moisture, all you’ll need to wash them is a sprayer.
You have to regularly do a full inside detailing of your car every six to eight months. Know that it takes longer the first time you detail the interior of your car, especially if it hasn’t been cleaned in a while. Regular Interior detailing will let your car maintain that new look for a longer period of time.
Leave a Reply