Your website is your online shop front, whether you work offline or online, that’s why it makes sense to invest in professional web development. Whether your business is small or large, every business needs to manage tasks and store them, so it is important to create a website with all the required features. But have you ever wondered how much it cost to build a business website from a top-notch PHP development company in India? Unfortunately, there is not any specific answer to that question. On average, if your business is small, it requires $200 to $10,000 to create a website.
The exact cost required to create a website depends on your site’s size, features, functionalities, and the complexity of the project. If you plan to build your website yourself, you can use several tools that make the development process easier and save a lot of money.
In this post, we’re going to break down the cost of building a custom website design. So without any further ado, let’s get started!
What is the average cost to build a website for your business?
The normal charge to design a business website is $2000 to $10,000 which includes purchasing your domain name and hosting website and designing and building your site. How much your exact cost is dependent on the project’s size, features, and complexity.
When you plan to create a website from scratch, the development cost may vary as it depends on various factors of your product such as what features you want to include, what is the size of your project, and much more. Furthermore, you may find that the cost of the same products has different prices in different companies. The website development cost includes:
- A constructor-based website will require up to $1000 or more
- A simple site with a few features and functionalities is expected to cost between $10,000 to $20,000.
- An ordinary website can cost up to $100,000 or more.
- A difficult site with extremely high-level features will cost more than $100,000.
If you’re planning to build a website with out-of-the-box features, then you need to invest a high amount of money in it. For better understanding, we have broken this section into 3 sections:
- The cost of building an online store
- The cost of building a simple or ordinary site and,
- The cost of building a complex site with powerful features
1. The cost of building an online store
As we all know, the eCommerce industry is gaining immense popularity and research shows that it is growing at a rapid pace compared to traditional retailers. So, if you’re planning to step into an eCommerce business, it is a great idea and it’s never too late to get started.
Building an eCommerce store helps you to expand your business across the world and compared to all offline businesses, it is easy to start without breaking your bank account. You can also choose hosted platforms that serve as an all-in-one solution for eCommerce that uses a plugin called WooCommerce. It is the most widely used WordPress plugin as it is available for free.
Make sure that you’ll require to buy both a website hosting plan and domain name to get complete control of your website and it is recommended to use the Bluehost WooCommerce plan when you’re a newbie in this field.
Total average cost:
If you’re a newbie and want to build an entry-level eCommerce site, our estimation for the initial investment for 3 years is around $400.20 or more. For web hosting, you may require to invest approximately $150.20 or more per year whereas, for a domain name, you have to invest from the second year. Considerably, we can say that an eCommerce store will cost approximately $170 or maybe more than that per year according to your requirements. The price may differ if you plan to install a premium theme for your store or add advanced features.
2. The cost of building a simple or ordinary site
The website development costs depend on your business requirements and the price ranges from $100 to $500. If you’re a newbie in the field of eCommerce and planning to build a small website with minimal functionalities, then you need to have a minimum budget for website hosting and domain name. A domain name normally costs around $13.89 per year and web hosting around $8.90 per month.
If you’re new to this field, you can go with Bluehost as it is one of the biggest hosting companies in the world that most businesses prefer to use. They have been included in the WordPress association since 2005, and they are an approved hosting provider by WordPress.org.
We’ve done deep research on what Bluehost offers, its performance, and much more. Next, you will also require some development tools to manage and create your website. By using such tools, you can save on costs and gain other benefits as well.
Some important and useful plugins for website design are given below, all these plugins can be downloaded from WordPress.org for free:
- WPForms lite: Build a contact form
- Elementor: It allows you to customize your web design using a user-friendly page builder
- Sucuri: Protect your site from attackers.
- WP Mail SMTP: Helps you to overcome issues related to WordPress email.
- UpdraftPlus: It helps you to store your WordPress site
- MonsterInsights: Connect your site to Google Analytics
- Akismet: Prevent spam comments
- Starter Templates: Import pre-made websites and templates
- All in One SEO: Helps you to improve your WordPress SEO
- W3 Total Cache: Improve WordPress performance and speed
For website development, you can use these plugins as they will make the development process easier for you and improve user experience.
Total average cost:
The calculated pricing for a beginner site will be:
- WordPress website builder: Free
- Web hosting: $33
- SSL certificate: Free
- Domain name for 1 year: Free
- Essential plugins and themes: Free
You are required to invest $3o or more to get started and build a simple website with minimum features on your own.
3. The cost of building a complex site with powerful features
If you’re installing free plugins and themes for web design, it will give you a head start to build a feature-rich site on a limited budget. And as your business grows, you need more features and you might want to enhance your site in the future.
Customizing and adding new features to your site will start to increase your cost. You might be searching for a premium WordPress theme to give a professional appearance to your site that comes with extra functionalities and priority support. Here are some basic premium WordPress plugins that help your website to grow.
- SeedProd – It is a page builder feature that allows you to design excellent landing pages for your website using the drag and drop feature.
- Smash Balloon – It allows you to connect with your social media accounts and view all your content in proper layouts.
- Envira Gallery – Developers can use Envira Gallery as a responsive gallery plugin for website design.
- UpdraftPlus – It is one of the best WordPress backup plugins widely used by developers.
- Sucuri Firewall – It is the best WordPress security plugin used by more than 60% of developers.
- WPForms – It allows you to create any type of form while designing your site.
- MonsterInsights – It is important if you want to install Google Analytics.
- All in One SEO – Using this essential tool, you can enhance your page ranking on Google search results.
Total average cost:
According to your business requirements, you plan your website cost that can be anywhere between $500 and $2,000 per year whether your business is small or large. that is growing exponentially.
The Website Development cost Based on the Type of Website
|Type of Website||Cost to develop, $||Time, hours|
|Social media website||80,000||2000|
It is not easy to create a website with high features and functionalities as it requires effort and money to be invested into it. It is essential to make sure your website has everything it requires so that your business can grow faster. You may also need to optimize your site server regularly for the security configuration, consider hosting your site on a dedicated hosting server.
Leave a Reply