What are essential bedroom furniture items? The answer is probably not what you think it is. In fact, this can be a pretty broad question to answer, considering there are so many different types of furniture that are made for bedrooms. In general, the more expensive bedroom furniture items would be those that are made of solid wood, with very intricate carvings and designs carved into them. These pieces would not only need to be beautiful to look at, but they also need to be strong and durable to last for years.
Beds are usually the centrepiece of any bedroom set. They come in all shapes, and sizes, from the economical options that are made of basic twin size spring mattresses and box springs, right onto the luxurious queen, king, and California king bed options. When choosing between the different bunk beds that are available, there are also some considerations that should be taken into account. Here is a list of some essential bedroom furniture items that need to be considered.
Essential Bedroom Furniture items
- First and foremost, the bed is going to be the most important piece of furniture in your entire room. This is where you will be sleeping, so it needs to be the most beautiful piece of furniture as possible. It needs to have the proper headboard, the proper mattress and the proper box spring. All of these elements need to match with the surrounding decor. While this might seem like an arduous task, especially with the plethora of different styles and designs that are available, it is absolutely essential in making the room as comfortable as possible.
- Next on the list is the dresser. This is the piece of essential bedroom furniture items that are often overlooked, but it is the most important, because it keeps everything you use for dressing in, as well as the linens and clothes you store in it. It is also usually the focal point for most draws and other items of clothing, which are great if you want to make a statement.
- Another one of the more essential bedroom furniture items is the high sleeper bed. A high-sleeper bed is extremely useful if you have a small room. If you have a roommate or a sibling who also sleep in your bedroom, then a high-sleeper bed is a great solution for two people to share the space in your room. It is extremely comfortable and even offers support for your hips and shoulders while sleeping. Because it is not long, the height of the sleeper bed is not constricting, which is another huge plus if you are short.
- After the high-sleeper bed comes the master bed. These are basically the traditional bedroom furniture sets, with a daybed included. Daybeds have many benefits; one being that they offer more flexibility in terms of size. A daybed can be used as a sofa, a bed, or a combination of the two. They typically fit well into any size bedroom and can be used either on their own or folded up for easy storage during the day. Because they are usually made of a comfortable cotton or a cotton/polyester blend, daybeds are very durable and allow you to use them for many years.
- Next on the list of essentials in your bedroom are the bedside tables. The styles can vary widely, which is great because they can be paired with so many different types of furniture. You can have a contemporary look, have a more traditional look, even have a more exotic look to them. Depending on the style of daybed you choose, the bedside tables can either match it perfectly, or complement it in a way to add more style to your bedroom.
- The last essential piece of bedroom furniture to consider are the bed frames. A daybed and a single bed frame can be a bit complicated at times because both require frame adjustment. Having a bed frame that is adjustable can help eliminate some headaches. Most bed frames are made of wood, which is very easy to maintain, but having a wood frame makes it more difficult to clean.